What is Commercial Roofing?
Your business, warehouse, or storefront shop are all safely protected by commercial roofing. Whether you run a Mom and Pop candy shop inside a shingled, quaint gingerbread house or a massive auto parts distribution warehouse, your roof is different from a residential roof.
Protecting your roof could be any of five major roofing materials. They are specific to commercial applications due to necessary expenses at installation, increased durability, and heavy-duty qualities.
Yellowhammer is proud to be one of the top commercial roofing contractors in the Birmingham, Al area. Contact us today to learn more about our commercial roofing options.
Five Commercial Roof Types
These five commercial roofing types are available for Birmingham businesses. They will withstand Birmingham’s unique challenges of heat, humidity, and harsh sunlight. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Why TPO — TPO (thermoplastic polyolefin) membrane is the largest segment in the commercial roofing industry, and no manufacturer has more TPO experience than Carlisle. Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes have the industry-leading OctaGuard XT weathering package for enhanced long-term weathering. With high reflectivity and strong heat-welded seams, TPO is a great choice for many different types of buildings
- EPDM — stands for “Ethylene propylene diene terpolymer.” EPDM is a synthetic rubber roofing membrane that combines ethylene and propylene distillates from oil. As a result, it is naturally hydrophobic and resists tearing due to its polymer makeup. It installs easily. EPDM is available in black or white. Seams are greatly reduced because it comes in widths of up to 50 feet.
- Bituminous Membrane — Modified bituminous membranes are known for their flexibility. Their convenient working-sized rolls are easily handled by one roofer. Their fast application is done by torch, hot-mop, or chemical adhesives. Recent developments with self-adhesive modified bitumen have led to an even greater variety of applications in low-slope roofing.
- Metal — Metal roofing is durable, versatile, and beautiful. It works well in steep-slope applications and some low-slope areas. For commercial roofing, almost nothing will outlast a metal roof.
- Shingles — Looking for that cozy, homey touch for your business or commercial property? Shingles convey warmth and neighborliness. For commercial purposes, the higher-profile architectural shingles make strong, eye-catching statements.
Whatever you need for your Birmingham commercial roof, Yellowhammer has a suitable material available. We are your local, trustworthy commercial roofer for all the Birmingham and Huntsville areas. We have strong manufacturers’ credentials. We take pride in helping fellow business owners protect their investments with the best roofing materials. Contact Yellowhammer Roofing today to learn more about your options in commercial roofing.
Learn More about Your Roof Here:
Four a.m. Drip–drip–drip. Uh oh! Emergency roof leak—who to call? Well, take a breath. Your Birmingham-area home’s roof will not collapse in the next hour from a small roof leak. You may not even have an emergency roof leak. Let’s take a closer look.
No wonder the daily struggle is real; the average homeowner has to incorporate science, technology, and accounting in every decision. Take insulation. You may not even know how insulation works (psst — by resisting air flow) or how insulation resistance is measured. But you need to know so you spend your hard-earned money wisely.
“Shoot for the moon; even if you miss, you will be among the stars.” That saying is cute but nonsensical; the moon is only 250,000 miles from earth, while the nearest star (our own Sun) is 372 times farther away, at a distance of 93 million miles. Other sayings, like “complete roof replacement,” often do …