Thanksgiving is long gone and the Christmas-New Year’s duo is just around the corner.
The question is whether you are prepared for the arrival of the season’s jolly visitor, bringing gifts to the Huntsville area children. Although you are most likely thinking of cooking, presents, and decorating, free roof inspections before the holiday arrives should also be on that list.
Why? Here are 8 reasons why you should have your roof inspected and in shape for Santa:
- Strength – Make sure your roof is able to support Santa and his reindeer on Christmas Eve.
- Stability – You may be doing outdoor decorating, such as hanging Christmas lights, in which case you’ll want to make sure your roof is safe enough to walk on.
- Damaged flashing – This could affect how well your chimney works. Replace or repair damaged flashing to ensure heat is not inadvertently lost through the top of your chimney.
- Poor condition – Roofs that are in poor condition are unable to withstand winter storms. While snow is a rarety in Huntsville, heavy precipitation, sleet, and high winds are all possible and could cause a faulty roof to begin leaking.
- Roof lifespan – Know ahead of time how much life your roof has left. Free roof inspections will divulge whether or not granules from shingles have been lost, which indicates yours are nearing the end of their practical lifespan.
- Save money on the cost of repairs by having a new roof installed during the winter months. Many contractors will offer you a discount for having work performed during what is ordinarily a slow season.
- Tree limbs – Become aware of tree limbs overhanging your roof that could fall on them and become a problem. You may not be thinking about them, particularly when all the leaves are gone, but a roof inspection will force you to take notice of them so you can remove them, if necessary.
- Leaking roof – Give yourself peace of mind during the Christmas season knowing your holiday plans won’t be disrupted by a leaking roof. Nothing could be worse than having to call off a family gathering or relocate to a hotel simply because your roof is leaking and you can’t remain in your home.
There is no better time than right now to have roof inspections performed – especially when Yellowhammer Roofing offers them for free! As a leading roofer in Huntsville, the Yellowhammer contractors will make sure your roof is ready for the Christmas season.
Contact Yellowhammer Roofing today to take advantage of our free roof inspections!
[button link=”https://www.yellowhammerroofing.com/roofing/roof-inspections/” target=”self” color=”#dd3333″ text=”light”]Roof Inspections[/button]